Home > Hot Articles > Email Marketing Checklist
Quick Checklist - Before Sending Out Your Email Campaign
Review your email marketing efforts to determine if you're on the road to success. Apart from sales and response rates, that are the major indicators to how well your program is performing, there are other critical areas where you can rate your program's effectiveness.
Here's a checklist against which you can rate your campaign before sending.
· Does your subject line explain the email's purpose and the offer?
· Does your subject line have less than or equal to 50 characters including spaces?
· Is the content readable under all e-mail circumstances (browsers, mailboxes, operating systems, hand-held devices, etc.?)
· Does your content provide requisite information about the offer/info?
· Is your content personalized?
· Does your content have a call-to-action message?
· Do all images have descriptive alt tags?
· Is the message visually optimized?
· Are images strategically placed to move the eye toward the call to action?
· Does the email's layout support the brand?
· Does it carry a consistent brand message through the entire user flow?
· Does the template fit correctly in the preview pane?
3. CAN SPAM compliance
· Does your message contain a link to the web version?
· Does it have a working opt-out/unsubscribe link?
· Have you provided company name and physical address?
· Have you mentioned recipient's e-mail address?
· Does it have a link to preference-update page?
· Does the message have working "contact us" link or phone number?
4. Spam checking
· Is your content spam-checked?
· Is your HTML coding tested?
· Have you checked your domain name and IP address in the major blacklists?
5. List and usage
· Do you have correct and updated email addresses in your list?
· Does your list have correct contact details and names for personalized messages?
· If you have a third-party list rental strategy, then have you meticulously defined your target profile to get most suitable prospects?
· Do you have opt-in lists?
After checking your message for all these parameters, do a test run on a sample target audience and tweak your message further based on your findings. In today's clutter and spam-flooded mailboxes, it is imperative for you to follow all the above-mentioned processes to reach effectively to your customers and prospects.
All the best!
Most Popular Related Articles:
More Helpful Related Articles:
100 50 23 People Only!
"Who Else Wants to Get Access to 37 Free Newsletter Templates, Tools, and Ideas to Attract More Subscribers...
as Easy as 1, 2, 3?"
Just Give Me 30 Seconds and I'll Give You Free Access to Download Your Newsletter Gifts Easily...
($47 Value - Yours FREE)
Grab your FREE subscription to the "Newsletter Publishing Secrets" newsletter to receive your 37 new time saving newsletter tools and templates plus tons of helpful tips and guides to attract more subscribers like a magnet.
Here's just a glance at what you're going to get as a subscriber...
New ready-to-use newsletter templates to make your own unique, award-winning newsletter design...
Easy-to-use newsletters tools and software to help you create your newsletter - even if you have no technical skills...
Free time-saving tips and secrets on publishing your own successful newsletter that attracts subscribers like a magnet...
Plus much more free gifts...
But wait! There is more. Grab your subscription before midnight
and you will also receive a FREE complimentary copy of 9 Newsletter Templates ($27 value).
This special collection of award-winning newsletter designs and ready-to-use templates is NOT available to the public. So grab your limited-time free access now.
So sign up below and receive
your first newsletter and FREE gift immediately...